Looking for a healthy breakfast or lunch, in the Tahoe area? Maybe you want to try someplace new? We have put together a list of our favorite spots around the lake where you can stay within your diet, while at the same time, not sacrifice good taste!
1. Verde Mexican Rotisserie– Described as “A hip Mexican restaurant plating burritos & rotisserie chicken from locally sourced ingredients,” this South Shore gem is located at The Crossing at Tahoe Valley, and offers clean Mexican style eating with everything from vegetarian burritos and paleo inspired plates, to homemade guacamole and full family meals. A must try if you’re in the area.
2. Stony Ridge Uncommon Kitchen– This restaurant is exactly how it sounds! A cool and unique place in Tahoe City where you can expect to find a few healthy uncommon food choices such as a coconut noodle bowl, Thai noodle salads, and fresh falafel.
3. New Moon Natural Foods– With locations in both Truckee & Tahoe City, New Moon is more than just a healthy grocery store that provides organic and wholesome food to fill your pantry. They offer a full-service café & juice bar giving you plenty of lunch choices. The menu boasts handcrafted salads, sandwiches, and fresh squeezed juice, using only wholesome organic ingredients.
4. Sprouts Café– This local favorite is located in the South Shore close to Regan Beach and offers health-food prepared fresh with options ranging from homemade soups, wraps, burritos, to fresh smoothies at a counter-service style.
5. Coffeebar– With multiple locations around the area including Truckee, Reno and Squaw, you can stop at any location and count on a delicious healthy breakfast or lunch. Their menu is filled with tons of great salads, as well as delicious power bowls such as granola, quinoa, breakfast bowls, and Paleo bowls.
6. Great Full Gardens– Just a short trip down the hill is Great Full Gardens, whose mission is “to support people’s choice to eat healthy by creating a restaurant concept that works for every lifestyle.” Their menu contains everything from homemade hummus, to vegan stuffed mushrooms, teriyaki chicken and rice bowls, and fresh prepared salads. They have plenty of vegan options to choose from as well.
7. Mountain High Sandwich Co– A casual beach vibe with an organic focused menu, this eatery, located in Incline Village, has tons of sandwiches & cold pressed juices to choose from. They also have great breakfast options such as their house made organic superfood oatmeal, or homemade buttermilk biscuits and gravy. In a hurry? Stop by their grab- and-go section for fresh juices, potato salads, vegan bowls and more.